Thursday, September 1, 2011

Taking Another Step

Sometimes in life I feel like I can't move another inch, and it's a good feeling.  It fell on my heart like rawness a few days before the day when I was due to have finished memorizing the many, many Bible verses for Bible Bee.  In itself, the Scriptures were overwhelmingly refreshing, but a weakness was upon me...and still is.  It was a few days before Bible Bee that this happened, and I cherish it.  It is now that it is happening, and I still cherish it.  It brings me to reality, this thing called weakness, because when I know I am weak and where I am weak, I see that I am ALIVE.  I am struggling.  I am living.  I am breathing.  I am praising God.

When I am so weak inside, waiting on God gives strength.  When I must struggle to be still, I know I MUST be still.  When I must struggle and rack my brain to think deeply on what I KNOW I MUST THINK ON, I find an unexplainable joy that indeed I have the honor of saying that I am living by the blood shed on the cross for me, because this Jesus, this precious Jesus, has died for a weakling like me, a person who must consciously recognize stumbling points and times when the most important thing is to just LISTEN.  When a person just can't take another step, the unexplainable mercies of God are new every morning.  That mercy is something I still strive to understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment