Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Before We Ever Met

[written in hopes of a person I do not know becoming a believer]

Today I asked my Father
For the recipe of a delicious meal
In which
Some lost item becomes found (and you are the lost item)

You are the one I want to randomly meet,
To become the dough
To become rounded by the Maker's hand
To be un-graced transformed to grace

I look forward to the whimsical day when
I run into you,
Eyes all aglow
And I know

You were made for eternity

An eternity starting today with
A conversation
That I'm not scared to have
And neither are you

You know I have to tell you something you need to know
And I know I need to tell you something you need to know
So we speak and you hear
And we hug and we cry

It's not make-believe
It's request become true
I love being with you and you with I
The moment is better than the poem

You're an organic sinner
Let me wash the dirt off you
And place you somewhere nice and hot
So you can be added to this recipe of the body of Christ

It's delicious.
The basil.
The tomato.
The wheat.

Love found you because God is love and...

Love had a purpose
For your existence
A meal now, a word, a soft tender look
Because now we're together, you and I

In the body of Christ.

{picture source: awelltraveledwoman.tumblr.com}

No comments:

Post a Comment