Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Gratefulness

Today I'm GRATEFUL that I can do everything through him who gives me strength.  Today, I'm grateful for roses, for flowers, for trees outside, for focus, for encouragement, and for the new life I have in Christ.  I praise you, Lord, for this day!  You are so good, Father, and I proclaim your goodness and my gratefulness for that goodness again!!  As a side note, the Lord seems to be throwing a lot of quotes my way....haha:)  You are so glorious and holy, Lord!!  Lord, call us again, corporately as your body, to excellence!

"We have to be compassionate as our heavenly Father is compassionate. This means being courageously and radically different in the midst of society. It means going against the win-at-any-cost mentality....Competition has its place in society and even in sports. But its most noble, and perhaps only proper, role is to serve as a motivation for excellence." --Dr. Wess Stafford, "Too Small to Ignore"


Satan dreads nothing but prayer. . . . The Church that lost its Christ was full of good works. Activities are multiplied that meditation may be ousted, and organizations are increased that prayer may have no chance. Souls may be lost in good works, as surely as in evil ways. The one concern of the devil is to keep the saints from praying. He fears nothing from prayerless studies, prayerless work, and prayerless religion. He laughs at our toil, mocks at our wisdom, but trembles when we pray.
-Samuel Chadwic

No comments:

Post a Comment