Thursday, October 11, 2012

Prayer requests for the 2012 National Bible Bee:

1. Focus and concentration
2. Excellence
3. That I would display Christ to those around me as I prepare and compete
4. Needed rest
5. That I would not waste my time
6. All contestants would come in drenched with all the goodness of God's holy Word, living out God's will, walking like Jesus, bearing MUCH fruit, loving others and each other deeply, and having made THE most out of this opportunity
7. That I finish the Bible study of 2 Timothy and thoroughly am drenched in and study 1 Timothy (the Word dwelling in me richly)
8. For all the contestants to meditate on the Word, especially on the passages specifically being memorized
9. That I would run in such a way as to get the prize (big weakness in me!  I haven't been, which is why in number 19 below I ask that if it's God will for me to win that I would--ha outlandish as that sounds and as undeserving I would be and how much I'm just not the person who could do this!--because I want to be walking and running in such a manner!  I want and need to be running the race well!  I need to be RUNNING IN SUCH A WAY, whether with the National Bible Bee or life in general, AS TO WIN.  I encourage you to live your lives in such a way as to win as well!  But as for me, I cannot settle for running in any way other than running in such a way as to win--1 Cor. 9:24-27.  That doesn't mean I'll win the National Bible Bee by any means.  It only means I'm running in such a way as to win, and that if I am sinning by not allowing God to do this in my life then that is simply not okay!)
10. That I'd be walking in such a manner that my King will say well-done good and faithful servant!!!
11. Please pray for the provision of accountability partners, and for strength to set up study times that can be tested and for willingness in me to have others see if I'm doing what I should be
12. Please pray that during this time I would be able to realize my faults and confess sins
13. "Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God"
14. "Do not cause anyone to stumble"
15. That I'd focus on honoring others this fall and encouraging others and Bible Bee contestants and families
16. As I'm going through enormous feelings of wanting to be at college like everyone else and that Nationals is taking over my life, that God would give me strength to do my best and that through it God would teach me how to do something under all the pressure I've been under with excellence
17. I am NOTORIOUS for being last minute (literally and all-nighter last minute type).  Please pray for diligence from the beginning and perseverance at the end.
18. That knowing the good I am to do, I would do it.  What I know I must do, I am responsible to do before God.  I need to be able to have people ask me if I am (which has to do with what I just mentioned earlier with accountability partners) and to be able to say that I'm not.  Staying in that place of not doing what I should be is not okay.  At all.
19. That if it is the Lord's will for me to not place highly, that his will would be done then.  That I would win if this is the Lord's will, that I would not if that's not God's will, that I would place in whatever manner is pleasing to the Lord, simply that God would be pleased, that I'd be at peace with all others, that ultimately God's will be done.  If it is his will for me to win or whatever place I get, that I would be a willing and joyful participant in his will, not afraid of winning, not afraid of persecution for His name's sake, and full of joy, gladness, and thanksgiving if I do not place 1st, 2nd, or 3rd, or any other placing.  (The reason I mention all this is because of my fear of ever winning-surprising as that may be that I've been so afraid-which is wrong, and because although the prospect of what I just mentioned above is so hilariously impossible I am still willing to consider accepting if God somehow has somewhere in his mind that He'd delight in me doing this...I only believe that in Christ all IS possible...not saying that I am anywhere near this...haha)  Can you tell I really would enjoy making it to semi's and finals this year?!  Let's glorify God in all we do!  There's so much JOY in it!
20. Please pray 1 Timothy chapter 6 over America in general and also all contestants (it's all about money!)
21. Just like #18, applying this to the National Bible Bee, which I DIDN'T want to do and a lot of it SEEMS like unnecessary work, but I'm purposing to do what I don't want to do in order to win.
22. That I'd really be filled with wisdom, knowledge, revelation, and knowledge of God's will as to why someone SHOULD win (again, if this were so in any possible/impossible way, I just want to be so positioned in God's perspective and the fear of the Lord, and this would be an impossible task only possible through the Lord's power and grace, if that is even remotely in His will)
23. That the unsurrendered parts of my heart in regard to the money would be fully surrendured to God.  God, give us repentance!  Oh, how ungodly we are!  How we need to repent of all our sins and live in His light and truth!
24. That God would give me the strength to do this IMPOSSIBLE task (I am totally incapable of doing it without Him), and again, that I would be walking out the will of God and bearing much fruit, long-suffering and joy-filled.
25. That I would not waste my time (again I say this!) in regard to Nationals
26. I have A LOT of problems going on in my life.  Please pray that they'd be figured out and that I'd show myself an approved workman, rightly dividing the word of truth!
27. SO...I do have the desire to even win...but am EXTREMELY far from this.  Please pray Ps. 37: 4-6 over me.
28. That the Lord would direct my focus where he wants it in all areas of my life.
29. I have a lot of verses to memorize.  Please pray the Lord's strength over me, that I might accomplish all that needs to be done for the glory of God.  One person I just spoke to has finished memorizing everything already (if you're reading this and it's you, you know who you are;)).  I have counted less than one-third of all the verses "done" so far.  Pray that I would take the time to memorize and meditate on them all and be able to get this all done, being pleasing to the Lord in every way.
30. Please also pray that as all those involved are memorizing that they would be forming habits useful for their lifetimes and would be well-balanced (i.e. just pleasing to the Lord and at peace with everyone around them) as they go about this giant task.
31. Please also pray that God's strength would be made perfect in my weaknesses!!
Thank-you so much in advance for any way the Lord leads you to take the time to pray over me, over this list, and over any other matters or concerns or insights the Lord brings to your attention in these matters.  You are loved!

7 comments:

  1. Ashley, I so appreciate your heart! What great prayer requests - I will definitely be praying and know that I am experiencing a lot of them same issues - You're not alone! May God bless you as you continue to seek Him cause that's really what the Bible Bee is all about! Looking forward to seeing you in five weeks :). <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the good work, Ashley! Wonderful things to pray about. The Lord has really been showing me that need to make my focus on HIM (and HIM alone) and not the prize. And...to rely on HIS strength.

    Looking forward to seeing you next month! Keep studying for the glory of God!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you, girl!

    GOD is your strength!

    Just wanted to share with you one of my most favorite Bible Bee passages from the past few years, which has encouraged me the most in every difficulty and challenge:

    "Whom have I in heaven but You?
    And earth has nothing I desire besides You.

    My flesh and my heart may fail,
    but GOD is the strength of my heart
    and my portion
    FOREVER."

    Psalm 73:25-26

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Bethany! Let us fix our eyes on Him! But let us ALSO not neglect running in such a way as to get the prize! This includes lots of trials, but it's more than worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ashley!
    We haven't met yet, but I think we're gonna be sitting next to each other at Nationals this year =)
    Love your blog, and I'll definitely be praying for you!
    Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww...thank-you so much, Hannah! I praise the Lord in response to what you've said! I'm so hungry for us to continue to SEEK and find Him! I really appreciate all your words, am so thankful for you, and am praying for you. So looking forward to being in your presence, Lord-willing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hannah (M.)! Thank-you so much for all your emails! I DID get them! You are a precious daughter of the Lord, and I'm so excited to meet you and get to know you more.

    ReplyDelete