Thursday, October 25, 2012

Theme Verses for the 2012 National Bible Bee

There are certain passages that have stood out to me regarding this fall, and I was encouraged by another person to focus on specific passages as overarching goals regarding Nationals.  These are the passages and Word that He's put on my heart and the specific phrases the Lord has highlighted to my eyes:
1 Samuel 16:7   But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”
1 Corinthians 9:24-27 "run in such a way"
James 4:17 "and doesn't do it, sins"
Col. 3:22-24, esp. v. 23 "and not only when their eye is on you and to win their favor" "do your work heartily for the Lord, not for men" "whatever you do" "all your heart"
Matthew 25:21  “His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’

No comments:

Post a Comment